You may think that the above three things don't belong together but in my world, they do! It always gets a little crazy around the house when it's time to write our newsletter. Creating our newsletters have always been a team effort between me and John but since Kayla came into the scene, it's been a challenge. But I have to say that it's a nice change for me to be doing something other than play with play doh and work on the same Little Mermaid 24 piece puzzle over and over again.In search of God's direction, I've been having really good times with Him. For my quiet times I've been going through I Samuel and I feel God is not only encouraging my heart but He's also telling me to learn from the mistakes of Saul. As I read chapter 12, these words came popping out at me as if God was talking.
Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is to about do before your eyes! (12:16)
I really look forward to what God has for us in the coming months.I was also reminded that it doesn't matter what we do for God it's who we are in Him that counts. So far we have pushed all these photography/graphic design 'doors' and they've all opened which has been an indicator to us to continue going forward with it but I know that at any moment, we need to be willing to give it up if God asks us to. He wants our hearts not so much our deeds.
But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. (12:24)
With each step John and I take in this process of finding out exactly what God wants us to do in ministry, we have to be still and wait for Him. It's been so easy to lose patience and act on what we think is the best for us. Saul seemed to have done that quite a lot which ultimately lead God to reject him as king over Israel. Not being able to see what's ahead is a an unsettling place to be in but having to solely rely on God is exactly where He wants us to be. As I work on the newsletter and conteplate on my times with the Lord, Kayla's out and about causing havoc around the house. We've been in the process of potty training her for what it feels, like an eternity. I'm at a loss as to how to teach Kayla to go potty. The funny thing is she uses it when she needs to go poopoo. Either she doesn't have the ability to hold in her pee yet or she
doesn't know how to or she's too occupied by other things to go the bathroom. To those veteran parents out there, I welcome any suggestions or advice. I'm running out of training pants and patience. . .
2 comments:
hey, don't worry, as they say, "they'll learn it when they're ready". not that I am a veteran parent, but just want to share with you what really worked for jouren. "Once Upon a Potty" There's a for him and a for her version. It has a video and a book, for some reason, he loved the video and it worked! You can borrow it from the library. I also tried, "potty training in one day", it didn't totally work - not in one day, but picked up some good principles from it.
don't fret, it will eventually happen. but, i totally understand the frustration. :)
Hey Phoebes,
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that book and video and alas :( I'll look into "Potty training in one day". Thanks for your encouragement.
Post a Comment