Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Just a Bowl of Milk and a Dropper Left

While typing last night's blog entry John and I could hear the little kitten's cries. I pictured that little thing in the pot every time it started to meow and wondered whether I was going to be able to sleep at all with this on my conscience.

Right before bed, John and I went down to take one last look. The mother cat was still there sitting around the pot keeping guard. John thought that it might be better if the pot was put on its side so at least the mother could be close to the kitten. As John carefully rolled it onto it's side the mother cat approached the kitten licking the blood on it's body. It really was a sad sight because the kitten was injured and it probably hadn't had anything to eat since it was born.

I couldn't take it anymore. I went upstairs, got a bowl of milk and a medicine dropper and I was ready to feed this poor thing even though I knew it could die any minute. As I went down again, I saw the pot was empty and the mother cat was no where to be seen. I didn't hear anymore meows.

Well, I was a little sad but it was probably the best thing letting nature do its thing having the mum take care of the situation. So now, there I was, left holding a bowl of milk and a medicine dropper feeling a little relieved that I was going to be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: