Due to unforeseen circumstances, John injuring his back (causing him to be on bed rest) and me now being extra busy in addition to working in the office part time, Kayla's birthday festivities ended up looking different from what I had originally planned. It seemed Kayla just wanted a small party with family and close friends but was very specific about what gifts she wanted; a princess dress, an Island Princess Barbie and a crown. Well, it was starting to look like a common theme was developing here.
You can say Kayla ended up being the birthday princess throughout the weekend. Daisy, the receptionist at the office also shared the same birthday so I thought it would be special if we remembered their birthdays together on Friday. Daisy recently returned from being very ill for a couple of months so I wanted her to know that she was appreciated.
My parents sent a package for Kayla and it had arrived just in time. Lucky her, she got that dress she was wishing for. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact Island Princess Barbie Kayla wanted so she was a little disappointed about that but it didnt' take long for her to warm up to the one she got.
As the cherry on top, Auntie Caris got her these plastic high heel shoes (that light up) to complete her princess ensemble. So now, you can hear Kayla from miles away as her high heels click clack around.
John thought it would be fun if we went to a play area in a mall as a family birthday outing so he got himself out of bed and we drove to Makati in search for his play area. We got to the mall and as we asked different people as to where it was, no one seemed to know what we were talking about. We finally asked a security guard and he said that it was closed, it had been closed since December. Oh brother. Nobody thought to update the website to indicate this piece of information it seems. We were all pretty sad about this and John and I were left wondering what to do now. There was this games/arcade place for kids there that we thought maybe Kayla would enjoy, so we took her there and she ended up winning a pencil case with the tickets she got from all the games she played.
We came home and ended her birthday weekend eating soup, crackers and cheese and watching Sesame Street videos. Before going to bed Kayla said, "This was the best birthday ever. I can't believe I'm 5!"


1 comment:
Kayla really is a princess, isn't she?
Post a Comment