Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Memories in Photos



At the end of every year, it's a tradition of mine to get photos from the year printed out so I can put them in the kids' photo albums. I still like having physical photographs in physical photo albums as opposed to having digital images stored in a computer. I still appreciate the art of photography and I hope it won't die as a result of the digital age.

Dad Tazumi invited us over to his place for New Years and we got a chance to see some old slides from his wedding day and when the kids were growing up. Dad's in the process of going through literally thousands of slides and negatives from throughout the years. How great it was to see Mom in her younger days as a beautiful bride and as a young mother. John said looking at those slides gave him some healing and closure in some way. I always enjoy looking at John's baby and childhood pictures because it gives me a different perspective of him. There's nothing like looking at photographs seeing people in a different light talking about the memories.

As I was looking through the events of 2009, I was amazed to see how much Kayla and Keona grew but also I was amazed to see in picture form, all the events that transpired. It was a good year.

I wish I could see photos of 2010 now as I can only imagine what's in store. I sense it will be a year of further personal growth, change and more adjustment. As much as I hate not knowing a lot of things about what life will look like this year, I do look forward to seeing how God will shine.

No comments: