Saturday, April 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

I feel like I have much to share but just so little time and energy to do so these days. John and I suspected that everything would drop on us like a bomb right about now and, well, it has. With three kids, feeding around the clock=sleep deprivation, a two year old causing havoc because she can (with Mom and Dad occupied with Baby), putting together a newsletter and a package to send out to all our supporters as we transfer over to SIM, it's been hairy to say the least.

But I have to say that among the absolute craziness, God has reminded me that I need to take the time to be thankful. Shea is a true gift to us as a family. He's wearing a lot of pink right now because we were actually expecting him to be a girl. Imagine our shock when the nurse said "It's a boy." The girls can't get enough of him as I constantly remind them to give him some personal space. Shea has a couple loving sisters.

As we go through this transition of transferring our membership to a new organization, I want to take this time to thank you for sticking by us. We want to thank you for supporting us through words, deeds and gifts. The relationships that we have with those of you who have been journeying with us have been a huge blessing to us. It's been a privilege doing ministry with you and I hope we can continue to do so as we step into this new chapter.

No comments: