Sunday, June 05, 2011

5 Stones

Well, it's official.  I was introduced today as the new Children's Program and Social Outreach Services Director at 5 Stones Church.  My first day starts on Tuesday.  I'm actually more scared than excited at this point but I am looking forward to seeing how I will be used (and stretched).  There will definitely be a learning curve here but I am excited because I actually get to find ways to bring theory to practice. 

This month will be a time of adjustment for our family obviously.  Although it's considered part-time, it really isn't because well, there's so much to do.  It will be a challenge for me to keep things in a healthy balance but hopefully John will keep me in line. 

About the church, John actually came across it while taking pictures downtown (New Westminster).  They had moved into that building back in August but because it was vacant for such a long time, it had to be completely built up and renovated.  It's actually an old refurbished warehouse.  Back in the day, New West was the capital city of B.C. and it was a bustling place.  Where the church is, it used to be the women's clothing district.  The building where the church is in used to be a clothing warehouse. 

I hope this is where we're supposed to be.  Although I am part of the leadership, John and I will continue to discern our place in this community of believers. 

No comments: