Yesterday we took Kayla to the Optometrist for her first eye examination. We thought we would try to get all our medical appointments out of the way before we go. What we thought was going to be a simple, in-and-out appointment turned into an in-and-get-glasses appointment. It was a huge shock to find out that Kayla needed glasses because we didn't think she had any problems with her eyes.It was even more of a shock to find out that she has really, really bad astigmatism (-3.0 in both eyes!) and she's only three. To be honest, I was really sad about all of this. It seems John and his brothers all have really bad astigmatism so it runs in the family (darn those genes!). I guess the only consolation is that we found out about this now, rather than later when her eyes could have gotten much worse.
Although, I have to admit, as a side note, Kayla does look really cute with specs...
No comments:
Post a Comment