We've started to fill a big box to ship to the Philippines ahead of time so by the time we get there, hopefully some of our things will already be there. It takes about 30 days. It's hard to know what to put in this box as I try to imagine what we will need when we arrive. Really, I don't know what we need.We will also be carrying another kind of package along with us as we leave. A little growing package called a baby. Yes, you read correct. We are expecting our 2nd in November and we will be having him/her in the Philippines. It's going to be a crazy time and I'm not sure how I'm going to get through it all but only to say that it'll be purely with the grace of God.
I'm "announcing" this now even though I'm not through the first trimester. The reason is that first, I can't keep something like this a secret for that long, two, I don't think I can physically hide it too much longer because I'm already starting to show and three, if I wait until the end of three months, it'll be time for us to go. I sorta want to celebrate this with others alittle bit before we leave.
I thought I would be really happy about all of this but I've been feeling so crummy with morning sickness that I haven't been feeling up to celebrating. This time around, it's been oh so very different. For the first four weeks or so I could barely function because of nausea. I couldn't cook because the smells, sights and thoughts of certain foods made me sick. Now, I'm in my 8th week and my nausea has lessened and I am able to go about my daily routine for the most part. The only problem now is I have a pinched nerve in my lower back that's really, really painful. I remember getting this towards the tail end of my pregnancy with Kayla. I'm debating whether to see a Chiropractor, I'm not sure what the risks are but I'm also not sure how long I can live with this pain either.
Believe it or not, I'm already starting to wear maternity clothes. I'm not sure if it's because I've been eating alot more these past weeks (and eating crazy foods at that) or what but I don't remember being this big so early on the first time. It could also be that I hadn't lost all my belly fat from Kayla. Whatever the reason, I'm sure people at church are wondering about my bulging belly.
Anyways, that's the latest scoop. I wonder if I will be able to "package" myself as compact as these boxes we're sending. . .
3 comments:
We received your note of thanks for the gift to help you on your way to the Philippines Apr.3. What a surprise to read this post on Apr 4. Will continue to pray for you in the days ahead.
Will you be working with Laura and Ruth? If so they are personal friends.Shirley and Brian
Hi Shirley and Brian,
Thanks for your prayers. And yes, will be working with Laura and Ruth at VOICE. Actually, we are kind of already working with them as we have been helping them with a couple of projects from here.
Blessings to you.
well...congratulations are in the air and across the waves and the sea...it sounds like God has opened a lot of doors and the plane is about to take off with four excited people. It has been a while since we have talked so it is time to do that again. Talk with you soon.
Ron
Post a Comment