Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Celine

Looking back at our last couple of years in Manila, one of the highlights for me was befriending Celine. She was gracious enough to share her life with us and for that we are truly grateful. As we became friends I wanted to somehow let her know that she had potential to be more than she was in knowledge and in understanding of things around her. Even if she was a house helper, this shouldn't limit her to be an intelligent, influential woman in her family and in her community. It was neat to see Celine become someone who "was just a house helper with not much education" to someone who "is a house helper plus other things too".

Before we left, I asked her to write out her life story and so let me share it with you here.



My name is Jocelyn Asuela 38 yrs. old, married and has 2 kids, Joy Micah Asuela, 10 yrs old and John Mark Asuela, 9 yrs old. We are living in Payatas A, Quezon City one of the depressed area, or filipino called it squatters area, for me doesn't matter if its squatter as long as we don't need to rent monthly. Our house is really small but I'm happy because this is given by God. Because some Filipino's were living at the bridge, they just put cover and sleep, some of them living under the bridge which is too dangerous. That's why the Filipino government didnt allow them but they're still there. It is hard to believe the word (God's goodness) if you are having hard times, homeless, foodless, everything is less. That's me.

I'm from a broken family I have two brothers and 1 sister. I'm the 3rd from the eldest. My mom abandoned us when I was 12 yrs. old and my father has another woman in his life, my step mom she is not really nice, she was just pretending in front of my dad, So my sister and I decided to stay away from them although I'm dad's favorite, My mom she worked in Manila as a helper which is far, far, away from our province. I didnt finish high school and I feel so bad for that. I also came from a JEHOVA'S WITNESSES RELIGION, although we are so religious I am still empty inside and out. I stayed at my grandfather house and I was abused physically when I was 14, at 14 I felt so alone that nobody's care for me, I was thinking if there is God? until one day my aunt asked me to come with her going to Manila and without second thought I said Yes. My work experience in manila was not good, because I couldn't speak tagalog well just Bisayan and a very little of English. One day I met a friend and said that she will help me looking for another job and I'll be working as a helper with the Chinese Pastor somewhere in manila, I'm glad that the family were so nice, Pastor Rey Clemente share the gospel and prayed for me, I can't explain what I felt, I cried while he was praying for me. I accept JESUS CHRIST as my Lord and savior when I was 17 yrs. old and Now I know that I am not empty anymore. Praise the Lord!

Year 2000, I am so blessed working with the Mission group, SEND INTERNATIONAL and I met Missionaries and became my friend I am so thankful that for them I am special, because I didn't feel this way since birth. But Missionaries are come and go. Now I been working as a janitress and some extra job (living out) cleaning their apartments (Missionaries) for almost 10 yrs. So I earned more than I need. God has been so faithful although my husband lost his job for six yrs. I could able to provide the needs of my kids. But 1 day, our Director called a meeting and said that Send Office would be close this coming year 2011, My initial reaction was of course shocked, worried for my kids education, Oh! no!!!! so what's gonna happen to my Family? I prayed so hard for this until this verses reminds me.... I will never leave you nor forsake you until at the end of the age. Now, we're waiting for 2011 then. I am so thankful that through this years God always provide our needs and I could able to help others especially my sister, she has her own family right now she's living far away to my place, I am trying to reached her back because she is a backslider. And my relationship with my mom is now ok. My mom also a christian now.

This past few months I got some stuff that I prayed for. A small laptop, and one of the missionary taught me how to use it (her husband will be the one to help me bought it for me) So funny, at my age 38 It's my' F I R S T ' time to use it, I am not an easy learner so I'm trying so harder. Now, I'm on facebook with the help of my missionary boss/ friend, I'm still learning with my laptop. Just last week, I got excited with my new digi cam. Wow! what a blessing TALAGA!!!!

Right now I'm still praying for what I'm gonna do after 2011 but for the meantime, next week, one of my boss (missionary family) are moving back to Canada. I am so so so sad, I really miss them and the kids, I praised God because before they leave, I've learned so much from them she is very patient while teaching me, Although I am more older than her she didn't mock me at all! I keep on asking her about anything especially my kids assignment, I really feel comfortable working with them, her family love my family so much. We love them too, This is the greatest gift from God that I had... A boss and a friend at the same time. I am so thankful because of them, I know what self- confidence means now which I wont have this before since birth. They are the coolest family ever!!! THE TAZUMI'S.

So 2011? now WHAT? the truth is, I have no Idea. The only job I know is cleaning, or house chores but since I have nothing to do with it, I'm gonna try small business, an Internet cafe? or a sari-sari store? whatever just to survive life. working abroad as an OFW???( which I really don't like) (overseas Filipino worker) why not! just for the future of my 2 kids, that's my greatest dream. That they could finish college and this is all the parents wants to their kids but of course if this is the will of God. I need to pray harder and do the best that I can and God will do the rest. One thing that I surely got.....my salvation. And I know that God will make a way for 2011. To God be the glory.

No comments: