It has been a crazy last week. I hadn't been so stressed in a long time. The toilet in our one and only bathroom overflowed, not once, not twice, but three times.
I'll spare you the gross details. I took the kids to church and camped out there for as long as I could handle it and bless my comrades at 5 Stones. They saved me from going off the deep end by taking us in and feeding us and playing with the kids.
In the meantime, John was at home wading in the toxic sludge that was flooding our floors (and might I add, that was also falling from the ceiling of the suite downstairs). It was a mess to say the least. We had no idea whether this plumbing issue was specifically our problem or if it was a building problem.
Plumbers eventually came and did some digging and prodding. They thought it was fixed so they left but the toilet continued to gurgle and water continued to rise. They came the second time the next day and did some more prodding, went down to the bottom floor pipes and found it plugged up.
The pipes were cleared and it wasn't our toilet so luckily we won't have to fit the bill for all the damage done to the poor lady's suite downstairs and the plumber's services and not to mention the water damage in our floors.
Bless the Tazumi Hazmat crew ie. John, his dad and brother, who cleaned up the aftermath ickiness. I know I wouldn't have been able to handle it.
So the question stands in our minds, are we willing to stay through the renos of getting our floors replaced or is it time for us to find a new home? We don't know.
I'm so glad our toilet works. The things we take for granted.
Two weeks ago, John got hired on as a full-time seasonal photographer for family portraiture with a company called LifeTouch. They are one of the largest school portrait companies around. It's not the greatest pay (if you compare it to what a photographer makes) but it's something. John will be able to learn some basic things that will benefit him in the long run.
We're not sure how long he will do this for or whether this will lead to anything more but we are open to seeing if anything can come out of this.
I have to admit, I am feeling a little anxious about all of this because we will have to do major juggling and balancing between work and kids. I'll be working at 5 Stones in the mornings and John will work from 2 pm to 10pm. During that time, Kayla has school and Keona has preschool twice a week and Shea will be with the one holding the car keys. Luckily John will be able to use a company car so we won't need to worry about where our van will need to be at what time throughout the day.
This will definitely bring a shift in our daily lives.
This job with LifeTouch does mean that John will have to take a leave of absence from SIM. Which means I will be the only one full- time with SIM as I continue with 5 Stones Church. In terms of our financial support, nothing will change. We still require the same amount. Because we haven't been able to raise this full amount, John has taken on this job.
John is still hoping that he will find ways to be involved in ministry but for now, he is wanting to just find ways to provide for his family the best ways he knows how.
I feel like there's just a lot happening all at once. It's overwhelming at times and I feel like I need to take a breath but just haven't had the chance. I know God is in all of this but I am hoping the sands beneath me will stop shifting soon. His grace is what's keeping me standing.

No comments:
Post a Comment