Thursday, December 06, 2012

A Collision of Worlds

I've been working at UGM for three whole days now and I feel like I'm quickly starting to lose my equilibrium.

So far my days working with the homeless and marginalized have consisted of the police coming and arresting a client who had been sexually assaulting women at various skytrain stations around the city the last couple of weeks; a woman coming by to say "good-bye" because she's wanted by members of a large drug cartel and knows any time, anywhere she can be taken down and a near stabbing between two clients right inside our building.

After my day is done at UGM, I go literally, across the street to Five Stones Church where I try to figure out what Bible story and craft to do for the next Sunday school lesson and discussion with co-workers revolve around things like cell group ministry.

I walk a few blocks home and I'm met with three excited kids, a very tired looking husband and an apartment that looks like a storm hit.

It's not about which world is more important or picking one over another.  I am part of each one of these.  I need to keep letting God be my equilibrium so that He can bring all these worlds together in me in complete shalom - in harmony.

No comments: