We've been living in a 900 sq. ft., two bedroom apartment for the past three and half years. We've had plumbing issues, mice issues and we've been living in our apartment "illegally" because we have too many people in our suite (apparently we're only allowed four people in a two bedroom suite).
Last Wednesday John was casually looking at adds on Craigslist and he came across one for a single detached, three bedroom home to rent waay below market price. What got our attention was the fact that it was walking distance to the girls' school (and to my work). It was way too good to be true but we checked it out.
The next day, we took a look at the place and found out that the house is a 100 year old heritage home that this landlord refurbished. David, the landlord was looking for a family who would treat this house as a home not as some boarding house with a bunch of single people living in each room. John and I absolutely loved the character of this house and the work he put into it. We filled out an application form and sent it in to David that night to be considered as renters for this house. We had our doubts (although by this time I knew I would be so disappointed if we didn't get accepted) about being chosen and all we could do was wait.
Friday morning, John gets a call from David, the landlord asking us whether we were still interested in renting his house. We couldn't believe it. We weren't even thinking about moving a couple of days ago and now here we were, being asked to consider moving. Later, we found out that the house had been vacant for over a month and David had seen over 100 people about inquiries for this house but he just didn't feel right about any of them. He said he liked us because we were a family and John and I seemed honest and straight forward with him.
I don't like to spiritualize everything but I know this was an act of God. This was such a gift to us, a pleasant surprise. I am still amazed how God provides.
Still in shock we have a new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment